Are You Too Negative Positive thinking with Tarot cards
by Angela Booth
Note: this article assumes that you own a deck of Tarot cards,
The problem with negative thinking is that we accept our negative
Tarot helps me to see the positive. Because, no matter how black
If you've seen the Tom Hanks movie, "Cast Away", you remember that Tom Hanks is Chuck, the only survivor of a plane crash who gets marooned on a deserted tropical island. After years of solitary hardship, Chuck almost gives in to despair and commits suicide, but he tells himself to "keep breathing".
Finally a piece of wreckage washes onto the island. Chuck
A thought is just a thought
We negative thinkers tend to worship our thoughts. It takes us a
Over time, when we can watch our thoughts come and go without
Does this mean that I've won the battle and that I will never
Your cards can help you get positive
Try this "Negative to Positive" process. You use your cards face
1. Sort through your deck until you find a card which portrays
2. Now look through the deck again, until you find a card which
3. Put the 5 of Pentacles on the left, and the 10 of Pentacles on
4. Now it's time to daydream a little. Pick out several more
5. Lay the cards out in a straight line.
6. If you have a little time, you could write a short story,
7. Or, make a sketch of the 10 of Pentacles, which you can carry
8. OK --- you've spent 20 minutes or more with the cards. Do you
Positive energy from the cards
Look through your deck, and choose the cards which you find most
Put one of the cards on the desk in front of you. Close your eyes
Open your eyes, and look at the card. Pick it up and hold it. You
Try the same process with the other two cards. Is there a
Next time you have a black mood, pick out one of your 'positive'
Interested in running your business creatively?
Free ezine: Creative Small Biz ---
Author and journalist Angela Booth writes copy for businesses large and small.